Subject: Re: ethernet
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris Jones <jones@cs.montana.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 01/30/1995 00:16:54
> cards?  My machine freezes when it attempts to start the network.  Earlier
> I tried to ifconfig ae0 and it froze....

I had a much more entertaining bug.  When my machine (IIci, 8M RAM,
Asante something ethernet) tries to initialize ethernet, it turns off!
No warnings, no hesitation; it just goes CLICK.  Seems to locate the
ethernet card all right; it finds ethernet numbers.  Anybody have any
ideas?

					Chris

--
* Chris  | "Just say 'NO!' to entropy!"                                  *