Subject: Re: Q: X11, why doesnt OPTION+ARROW work ?
To: Gabe Minton <gabe@ait.nrl.navy.mil>
From: grantham <grantham@amalthea.tenon.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 01/26/1995 12:05:53
Gabe Minton wrote:
> [...]

I'm trying to get IIsi ADB to work (and fighting tooth and nail), I'm
trying to survive with a new swimming pool where my bedroom used to be,
and I still have my real job.  I'll try to figure out what's up with the
three button emulation between MRG compiles.

> I have a mac SE/30 with the std keyboard that came with it, not extended, is
> this my problem?

Naw.  This is a bug either in my code or in the README; I've forgotten
enough detail that I don't remember which.

> btw-- I love this!  I want to help.  What is out there for scrolling the root
> window around on the SE/30 mini screen?

Try fvwm, a motif-like virtual manager, or maybe even olvwm, the Open
Look virtual window manager.  I haven't tried compiling them, but they
should behave pretty well.  I personally use 9wm at work, the 8 1/2-ish
window manager; very minimal and it does not get in my way.  I hate to
say it, but I don't run X Windows at home much because I need the CPU
for compiling MacBSD kernels.

		-Brad
--
Brad Grantham, grantham@tenon.com ** Diet caffeine-free Coke is really just
brown water with bubbles. ** I've learned from a little CMOS design that