Subject: Re: MacLinux vs. MacBSD
To: None <briggs@mail.vt.edu>
From: Dameon D. Welch <dwelch@scudc.scu.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 01/21/1995 16:22:13
Quotes from the great literary masterpieces of Allen Briggs:

>> I'm sure most of the people on this list have. Which makes me
>> sort of a "devil's advocate".
>
>Actually, I doubt it.  There are a lot of problems that have left a
>number of people sort of stranded with non-working or partly-working
>installations.
>
>Anyway, with that said, there are a number of people who do have
>working systems and the working system is quite nice and useful
>with a full range of standard BSD tools, file systems and applications,
>SUNOS (m68k) compatibility, monochrome (color sometime) X windows, etc.

For the record, I have a trn/cnews/uucp setup working as well. I
suppose I could try getting nntp running, but without a full-time net
connection, it seems kinda useless to try, especially when I have
Taylor UUCP working quite nicely.

>The system is also far from dead.  We're actively working to improve
>it, and I'm hoping to be able to spend a lot more time on it this spring
>than I have in quite a while, so I think we'll start to see more of
>it coming together.

It'd sure be nice to get rid of the "panic: biodone already" things...
;-)

--
< Dameon D. Welch (dwelch@rahul.net, dwelch@scudc.scu.edu, et al. ) >
     "If you think old soldiers just fade away, try getting into your old