Subject: Re: YESSSS!!!
To: None <grantham@amalthea.tenon.com>
From: Stan Shebs <shebs@cygnus.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 01/19/1995 11:46:24
   From: grantham@amalthea.tenon.com (grantham)
   Date: Thu, 19 Jan 1995 08:41:53 -36507155 (PST)

   > Also, I tried running one of my more complicated scenarios under the
   > curses Xconq, and it coredumped, but the kernel crashed and never actually
   > made a core.  I pressed the "Macsbug button" and got a register state,
   > will pass the numbers along if anybody has a use for them.  (jtc asks -
   > how do you get to ddb, a la PC NetBSD?)

   The MacsBug (debugger) switch should dump you right into ddb.  What
   did you see?

Just for grins, I tried typing the same Xconq command again (into an
xterm, but still running the curses interface), and this time I got
a real db> prompt!  Still same pid and pc as last report, but then
I typed "show map", it printed 5917b, and hung again...

Any hints as to useful things to look at in ddb?

							Stan