Subject: Re: YESSSS!!!
To: Stan Shebs <shebs@cygnus.com>
From: Valtteri Vuorikoski <vuori@sci.fi>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 01/19/1995 16:53:19
> Second, to link X programs, I needed to link against libSM.a and libICE.a.
> I suppose these are new and wonderful libraries for R6, but aren't they
> supposed to be glued into libX11.a or some such?

 That's not what the R6 release notes think or what making the R6 libs
does. Xt (I think) always needs them.. if you use imake, that should
automatically put -lICE and -lSM into the Makefile when linking
with Xt.

> Of course, X11 Xconq on a mono 640x480 looks pretty ugly, certainly much
> worse than the native Mac Xconq, but this is the first time I've had
> it on such a small screen, just have to work on the layout and monochrome
> handling code.  Athena widgets are terrible...

 Xaw3d looks much nicer. In color, anyway. Somewhat better in mono.
If you had a working Ethernet card and another machine and MacX/eXodus,
you could use that to get color.

 Speaking of Athena Widgets, where can I find a list of resources used
by Xaw/Xaw3d, preferably with descriptions and possible values ?