Subject: Re: csypt library
To: Tsukasa Kunitomi <pigtail@cap.bekkoame.or.jp>
From: David Leonard <leonard@dstc.edu.au>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 01/19/1995 09:13:48
>   When I do passwd commnad, I get "csypt(3) not present in the system!". I
> think, can't get csypt library outside USA. Is it right? (I'm from Japan)
>
>   Do you know cstpy library, I can use outside USA.

Before I knew of the Australian libcrypt, I was using GNU's crypt-UFC.

You have to recompile init, login, passwd and getty and su etc - just
grep all teh Makefiles in /usr/src for -i crypt and you should be right

GNU's ufc crypt is available in most GNU archives.

David Leonard                            DSTC Student Vacation Programmer
The University of Queensland             leonard@dstc.edu.au
http://www.dstc.edu.au/public/staff/david-leonard.html