Subject: Re: Q:Ethernet Card for SE/30
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tsukasa Kunitomi <>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 01/19/1995 07:22:48
At 13:28 01/18/95 -0800, jeff schindall wrote:
>>   Thax for your advices.>jeff, john, mat
>>   I got & brad.tar. But these
>>don't have any documents. Please teach me *REAL NAME* of suported ethernet
>>cards for SE/30. Please......
>>   Becouse, I must order.
>netbsd is the kernel w/enet support for the following nubus cards
>      Apple, 3com, Asante, and Cayman.
>These cards have in common the following Network Interface Chip (NIC):
>      National Semiconductor 8390 or 83902
>If you have a card for your se30, check it for one of these chips.  It may
>work, and it may not--to the best of my knowledge nobody has confirmed that
>enet works on the se30 under macbsd.

  Thax. I'll get.

>>   Also, I got fd/ & sonic/sonic.tar. But these don't have,
>>too. What are these??
>Sonic.tar is sample code for another NIC chip which most manufacturers now
>use--including the builtin ethernet on the quadras/powermacs, etc.
>It is not in the kernel.
>>   I'm sorry. I have many questions. Becouse I'm very-very beginer of UNIX.
>>Also, this is first-time joining mailing list.
>>   So, I want to get logs of this mailin list until I joined. How do I do I
>>can get?
>Good luck.
>    206/685-8618

  Thanx again.

  BTW, I installed, then try booting.
But dosen't boot. It freeze at last line of Booter window.
  I thought, is that patched kernel?  I usually use patched #11.
  And may be, I got that by bad way. I got by Fetch on other Mac, then copy
to SE/30 by AppleTalk. Am I right?
<<<< Tsukasa Kunitomi from MENeT/GRIP TAMa-Te-bAKO Project
<<<< Hornet Pilot Club #000 Squadron Commander "Pig Tail"