Subject: Re: Options
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tres Hofmeister <tres@rap.ucar.EDU>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 01/18/1995 16:29:06
>From the keyboard of tony@odin.sunquest.com:
:
: The FAQ also stated:
: >   Unfortunately, little progress can be reported on the PowerMac
: >   port due in part to difficulty acquiring Apple proprietary
: >   internal bus and firmware specifications.
: >   ...
: >   In December 1994, Bowdoin College withdrew its support of the
: >   project.  The two remaining student volunteer porters are nearing
: >   graduation and concomitant ejection into the real world.
:
: Basically, I wouldn't hold my breath for a PowerMac/Nubus Free UNIX.

	Hmm, sounds grim.  Well, in that case, what's the chance that
NetBSD will make it to the 68040 Macintosh family in the near future?
I'd love to move up from my SE/30.  I imagine I can turn up a nice
Quadra 610 or somesuch somewhere, for a reasonable price...

--
Tres Hofmeister
tres@ncar.ucar.edu