Subject: Re: Ethernet driver?
To: Scott Kaplan <sfkaplan@sfkaplan.student.amherst.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 01/16/1995 20:07:06
[ I think this is a good topic for macbsd-development and not
  macbsd-general.  The ethernet driver has certainly not (to my
  knowledge) been run intensively and should still be considered
  under development.  ]

[ I'm back from my honeymoon.  Brad looked real nice in a tux at my
  wedding back here on the east coast, but as far as I know, he has
  not gotten married.  ;-)  He is, however, back from his vacation
  and catching up on work. ]

> But, has there been any progress on the Ethernet driver for MacBSD.
> I'm more than happy to test developments and get this going.

Look for some news on this by this weekend or so.  The ethernet driver
seems to work in the MacII and similar machines (no RBV).  I don't know
how it does in the machines with and RBV.  There are other problems with
the kernel code at the moment that I'd like to look at before looking
into the ethernet on a IIci.  Once I have a stable test kernel, though,
I'll ask you to run a test for me.

Peace,

Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@vt.edu ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **