Subject: Using the Installer
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Stan Shebs <shebs@cygnus.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 01/16/1995 15:06:10
How exactly does one make files that the Installer can use?  I would have
thought any gzipped tar file would work, but no - I get

	Invalid compressed data--format violated 1

and an unexpected end of file message.  This is coming out of the bowels
of inflate_* in inflate.c, and it's pretty obscure-looking code.  (I'm
looking at 1.1 I think - haven't heard of anything newer.)

Also as a general question, is anyone working on the install and boot
programs?  I have some experience with Mac programming, and could help
make the code be more "Mac-like" etc.

							Stan