Subject: Re: panic: locking against myself
To: Greg Ames <tga@lorax.assabet.com>
From: Dameon D. Welch <dwelch@scudc.scu.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 01/11/1995 01:26:46
Quotes from the great literary masterpieces of Greg Ames:

>>i had set the memory addressing with mode32 do i also have to check off '32'
>>in the memory control panel?
>>

>Yes, the setting in mode32 simply enables mode32, allowing the system
>to use 32-bit addressing if it is turned on in the memory control
>panel.  In order to use 32-bit addressing, you must enable it in the
>memory control panel as well.

FYI -- the newest version does not require "enabling" as the older
version did. To enable 32-bit addressing, simply go into the memory
control panel and enable it. Mode 32 has no control panel anymore. ;-)

--
< Dameon D. Welch (dwelch@rahul.net, dwelch@scudc.scu.edu, et al. ) >
     "We have always put quality first and tried to avoid cutting