Subject: MacBSD problems and questions
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <vosse@ruls41.fsw.LeidenUniv.nl>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 01/09/1995 10:00:54
Hi,

This weekend, I have managed to get MacNetBSD running on a friend's
IIci, but not without experiencing some problems (apart from the
scroll/keyboard interrupt problem).

1) The FAQ (Nov. 14, v1.0 beta) says:

  [Q] Does internal video work on the IIsi, IIci, or IIvx?
  [A] It should.  It is only known to work on the IIci.

Well, it doesn't (which is what another FAQ (the one you get after
subscribing. I don't get horizontal gray bars, I get vertical black and
white bars, and a computer that hangs. The good news -- of course -- is:

2) On the video card it does run! But, dt won't work (segmentation
violation). I suppose this has something to do with the fact that it is
a SuperMac/8 (1024x768) card. I'll break into the mac II at the office
and steal its Apple video card...

3) Vi behaves strangely on the console (ttye0). Although it is
configured properly ('stty all' shows 106 columns, 48 rows), vi seems
to think different. Does anyone have a clue?

Apart from these quirks, everything works nicely. But ... since I don't
own the IIci, but an LCII (with an accelerator instead), I'd like to
know: is there any chance of running it on my own machine? Does anyone
know how much work it would be to get it running?

Well, that's it for now,

Ciao,

        Theo Vosse
        Unit for Experimental Psychology