Subject: db 'step' function
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Wittkoski <jpw@insoft2.insoft.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 12/29/1994 12:48:05
Hello all!

Perhaps this is more of a question for the development mailing list, but
here is is anyway.

I'm trying to learn more about the ADB problem on the IIsi. The specifics
aren't important right now, but the thing hangs in one of the ROM routines.
I wanted to step through some of the code to see where it is hanging,
but once I get into the debugger, the 'step' command acts like the 'continue'
command, so I can't follow what happens - it just hangs again.

Has anyone successfully used the 'step' function in the kernel debugger?

If anyone can shed some light on this, please let me know.

	--John

 John Wittkoski				InSoft, Inc.
 Senior Technical Support Engineer      Phone: (717) 730-9501
 Email: jpw@insoft.com                  Fax  : (717) 730-9504