Subject: Re: X11R6/Mono available on acm.vt.edu
To: None <macbsd-general@netbsd.org>
From: Brad Carlson <carlson@Free-Net.Mpls-StPaul.MN.US>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 12/23/1994 00:10:23

> On Dec 21, 11:56am, Brad "With Half The Fat Of The Leading Brand" Gran wrote:
>  [clip...]
> >So here's what I've got!
> >	- /usr/X11R6 from a working MacBSD 1.0 system

Hooray!

> I'm running -current (kernel: Dec. 3, binaries: Dec. 12), on a Mac II,

Glad that it seems to be running.  I'm finding I have a config (?) problem.
Upon launching, the Xmacbsd server quits and prints a message that the server
received a termination signal (SIGHUP), then prints:

  Fatal server error:
  Can't run X server with no screens

I thought maybe specifying
   Xmacbsd -dev /dev/blahblah
 would help, but there don't appear to be any frame buffers in /dev.
If Xmacbsd needs any help finding the screen, I'd appreciate it if
someone could email me working X config files or point me in the right
direction.

I'm also running the netbsd10.patched kernel, rather than the "current";
that might make a difference, but it sure looks like a config issue to me.

-Bradley "Kid Tested, Mother Approved!" Carlson