Subject: Re: MRG Kernel & gdb
To: Tres Hofmeister <tres@rap.ucar.EDU>
From: mat <busy@aloha.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 12/13/1994 01:14:34
At 1:04 PM 12/12/94, Tres Hofmeister wrote:
>        I'm running the MRG kernel (puma:/pub/test/netbsd).  I'm trying
>to find out what's up with dt on my SE/30 with a Micron Xceed Color 30
>card, but gdb is being uncooperative.  It doesn't think core files are
>core files...

You've gotten further than me with dt. I have a Mac II with a RasterOps 264
video card, in B/W mode of course. running 'dt' merely freezes my machine.
Hitting the interrupt programmer's switch causes my machine to panic about
50 times, then hang again. No core dump to figure out what happens. Gnu
'screen' works fine for me, though. (available from my ftp server)

>        Out of curiosity, how come ps and other friends of kvm are
>busted under this kernel?  Has the size of a proc structure changed
>again, or something?  Will a rebuild with the 1.0 libraries and
>includes help?

Yes, the mrg pakage is a lot more current than the binaries for ps et al in
the 1.0 release. I believe that you need to build new ones from -current
sources.

busy@aloha.com              me!
Resident Quack,            "like a mass of protoplasm out to find pleasure"
Macintosh Geek                              -Hon. Congressman Newt Gingrich