Subject: IIsi, cross-compiling, etc.
To: None <macbsd-general@netbsd.org>
From: David W. Rankin Jr. <rankin@ms.uky.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 12/10/1994 08:07:38
First, I want to extend my sincerest thanks for those who have worked on
getting NetBSD working on the Macs in general, and the IIsi in particular.
I have finally been able to get my NetBSD partition working for my machine.

Unfortunately, my poor IIsi only has 5 megs of RAM, so once I type gcc, the
machine is no longer my friend. Rather than live with it, I decided I'd
set up a gcc cross-compiler on the HP-UX machines that I happen to have the
space for one. However, the present version of gas out in the world doesn't
like the idea of making for the m68k netbsd machines. Therefore, has anyone
set up a cross-compiler for the m68k machines? If so, please send me the
details on how you did it. (I have Reply-To set to me, so please reply to
me, but I will be happy to summarize all responses back to the list.)

Finally, would there be much interest in a site on the net having
precompiled binaries for the "usual" packages (emacs, nvi, bash, latex, etc.),
something along the lines of a "/usr/contrib" setup? I ask because, if I do
the above cross-compiling, it will be a simple thing to provide binaries to
all as it is to me. Fortunately, FTP space would not be a problem. Again,
please reply directly to me, I'll summarize the responses to the list.

Thanks again,
David

--
--- Bridge is not a game, it is a way of life! -- myself
DISCLAIMER: I do not speak for UKCC or UKMSCF. I speak for myself.