Subject: Re: SE/30 Help Needed: dt Dumps Core
To: Lawrence Kesteloot <kesteloo@cs.unc.edu>
From: Tres Hofmeister <tres@rap.ucar.EDU>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 12/04/1994 12:46:32
>From the keyboard of Lawrence Kesteloot:
:
: Sorry to hear that.  I really do wish that this system was more
: stable.  We've been plagued by that "biodone already" error for a
: very long time and we haven't the slightest clue how to fix it.

	Yech.  I've been trying to actually use NetBSD lately, but I'm
getting "biodone already" panics with such regularity that it's very
difficult to get anything done.

	It feels so close!  Occasionally NetBSD will stay up for hours,
at other times it won't even boot several times in succession.  I can't
discern a meaningful pattern to the panics.

	I'm still excited about running UNIX on my Macintosh, but it's
a bit frustrating.  Are there any tips or suggestions for avoiding
these panics?  Does it help to have only one SCSI device, or no
external video, or something?  Any workarounds?

	I'm running NetBSD 1.0 on an SE/30, 16MB RAM, Micron Exceed
Color 30, MacOS 7.1 w/ Mode32 7.5.

	By the way, I hope the developers don't see this as a criticism.
It's wonderful that this work is going on, and I'm appreciative of the
effort already expended.  I'm also confident that this problem will be
resolved eventually!

	Is there a way to help with this problem?

--
Tres Hofmeister
tres@ncar.ucar.edu