Subject: Re: An alternative to dt for SE/30 owners
To: Greg Ames <tga@maelstrom.timeplex.com>
From: Jason Downs <downsj@CSOS.ORST.EDU>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 12/03/1994 16:20:22
In message <199412032300.SAA01145@shubert.acton.timeplex.com>,
	Greg Ames writes:
>>At least until dt gets working on the SE/30.
>
>Um, it _does_ work on SE/30's (at least my SE/30 w/out an external
>monitor).  Don't know about external monitors.  Do you know if screen
>works with externals?

``screen'' is a *text* based package, similar to ``window''. the fact that
it avoids the adb bug could only be because it's emulating the scrolling using
vt100 escape codes, or something. at any rate, it *uses* the ite interface,
*not* the grf interface! screen will work on anything you can getty to
come up on.

dt obviously uses the grf drivers.

-------------------// jason downs // downsj@CSOS.ORST.EDU //------------------

		   ``Solaris... is cool.'' -- Jason R. Thorpe