Subject: Re: An alternative to dt for SE/30 owners
From: Dameon D. Welch <dwelch@scudc.scu.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 12/03/1994 15:07:25
Quotes from the great literary masterpieces of Greg Ames:

>>At least until dt gets working on the SE/30.
>
>Um, it _does_ work on SE/30's (at least my SE/30 w/out an external
>monitor).  Don't know about external monitors.  Do you know if screen
>works with externals?

dt does not work with external monitors on the SE/30 (or at least with
the Micron Xceed Color/30.) Apparently it will work on the Internal
Monitor, but given both that my Internal Monitor is not working well
*and* it is in an awkward position (underneath the desk), I'd rather
not use it unless I have to.

screen *does* work with external monitors. Screen would probably work
on a dumb terminal, too. It does not use Graphics Calls as far as I
can tell. It definately aleviates the adb/scrolling problem.

The only way I've been able to get my External Monitor to work *at
all* is turn off all extensions except MODE 32 and boot with the
external monitor in black and white.

Perhaps someone ought to place this information inside the FAQ or
something.

--
< Dameon D. Welch (dwelch@rahul.net, dwelch@scudc.scu.edu, et al. ) >
     "In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot