Subject: Re: scsi2 drives
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul Goyette <goyettep@ccnet.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 11/27/1994 05:57:15
>Is anyone else using a scsi-2 drive on their bsd systems?  The 540
>I bought is a scsi-2 and I've noticed good speed gains surpisingly
>but it also seems to mess the adb before I type DT in.
>
>just curiosty.
>
>Could the scsi-2 be the cause of my formatting problems of a few weeks ago?

Hmm.  I got a SCSI-2 drive, and I've been plagued with "panic: biodone
already" messages, as well as having the ADB problem.  I'm working on
testing a patch for the scsi code today - I'll let y'all know later on if
it works.

BTW, I've found it to be much easier to use the "screen-3.5.2" utility
(found on
ftp:://faui43.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/mounts/epix/public/pub/amiga/unix/N
etBSD/contrib) as the shell for my personal account.  Then, it starts up
the screen multiplexor as soon as I get logged in, before the ADB can hang.
I haven't yet tried using dt as my shell, but it should work, too.

| Paul Goyette            | PGP Public key available on request  |
| Paul@pgoyette.ccnet.com | Fingerprint: 9D 3C 90 0E DA 46 10 59 |
| goyettep@ccnet.com      |              15 F2 87 D6 AA BD 90 D5 |