Subject: Re: Any luck with SE/30 and Micron Xceed Color/30?
To: Edward Wolpert <wolpert@neon.chem.utk.edu>
From: Dameon D. Welch <dwelch@scudc.scu.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 11/23/1994 06:01:56
Quotes from the great literary masterpieces of Edward Wolpert:

>>Has anyone had *any* luck with an SE/30 *and* a Micron Xceed Color/30
>>with the latest release of NetBSD?
>
>I've got the same system, but with 5MB of ram.  The Alpha files worked
>fine on my system, but the Beta and 1.0 didn't.  It wasn't until I got
>the mrk(?) kernal that was made to use the Mac ROM glue routines that
>I could do anything on the computer of use.  Now, I can hack at home.
>;-)
>You may want to get the testing kernal that was announced last week or so,
>and if that doesn't work, download again the binaries, and reinstall.

Been there, done that. The latest kernel on cray-ymp.acm.stuorg.vt.edu
in "for_testing" has been tried. No luck with that kernel, either. :-/

--
< Dameon D. Welch (dwelch@rahul.net, dwelch@scudc.scu.edu, et. al. ) >
     "On your own admission, you raised up the knife