Subject: Re: dt 1.0 with SE/30 and Micron Xceed Color/30
To: Ken Nakata <>
From: Dameon D. Welch <>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 11/23/1994 05:50:49
Quotes from the great literary masterpieces of Ken Nakata:

>   But I have a different problem now. dt version 1.0 unceremonously core
>   dumps when I try and run it. That and dump a bunch of error message on
>   console. Anyone have luck with dt and the SE/30 with the Micron Xceed
>   Color/30?
>Sorry for my previous message (though this may have reached you
>before that one); I didn't know MacBSD booted on your SE/30 with the
>Micron Xceed Color/30 as the main monitor.  But then, what was wrong
>with it?

I posted a message on the list before about not being able to boot at
all. Having mode32 available helped.

>Anyway, I thought dt works only in B&W mode (console code supports
>other depth as well, but works definitely better in B&W, I think).
>Why not try B&W mode if available on the card?

That's the only way I can get it to boot (in b&w). dt simply doesn't

< Dameon D. Welch (,, et. al. ) >
     "Try to keep up with the turning of the wheel." -- Pink Floyd