Subject: Re: IIcx problems
To: Matthew E. Shafer <>
From: mat <>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 11/22/1994 21:22:32
At 7:42 PM 11/22/94, Matthew E. Shafer wrote:
>I just spent the day installing the 1.0 install on a 88MB SyQuest
>attached to a IIcx. For the most part, things went very smoothly. In
>fact, I have been able to fully boot into NetBSD. But I've reached a
>strange problem. The booter runs fine and after a bit I get to the
>login: prompt. Typing root attempts to log me in. It is successful
>until the prompt changes to myname#. At this point, the system
>freezes. No errors are reported at anytime before this. Any

Sounds like you're seeing the "scrolling bug". The only real solutions at
this point are to either use the 'dt' program, or use an external terminal
hooked to a serial port. Of course, both require that you boot into a
usable shell to configure them, so...

Resident Quack,               "NEVER INSTALL LOTS OF NEW SOFTWARE AT ONCE."
Macintosh Geek                       --Mike Landis,