Subject: Re: daystar_accells
To: Bruce A. Mah <bmah@tenet.ICSI.Berkeley.EDU>
From: None <>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 11/14/1994 16:37:39
At 6:25 PM 11/14/94, Bruce A. Mah wrote:
> writes:
>> Hmm. What FPU does the IIcx have on-board? I have been wondering whether
>> pulling the '882 off my PowerCache would do anything useful- perhaps if I
>> re-installed it on the motherboard, where there's an '881 now, or leave the
>> '881 on the motherboard, or even switch the two, might do something useful.
>> I'll do some experiments and folow up when I have some time.
>The IIcx has an '882 on the motherboard.

Anyone know whether I can get away with switching the FPUs in my system?
ie, put the '882 on the motherboard, and the '881 on the PowerCache? I know
that the motherboard will like either, but I'm not sure how much the
PowerCache will like an '881. ideas?

Resident Quack                  NEVER INSTALL LOTS OF NEW SOFTWARE AT ONCE.
Macintosh Geek                        -Mike Landis,