Subject: Re: Announcing the release of NetBSD 1.0
To: None <>
From: Douglas S Lindblad <>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 11/14/1994 17:56:00
Regarding the recent NetBSD 1.0 announcement:

I would like to know whether MacBSD works on a MacIIfx.  The INSTALL
file lists a number of supported & unsupported models, but is not
clear (in this file or the FAQ) on what happens with my IIfx.

Excerpt from INSTALL:
>Supported models:
>	Mac II
>	Mac IIx
>	Mac IIcx
>	Mac IIci
>	Mac SE/30
>Some systems will boot and are usable from an external terminal
>(serial tty or SL/IP):
>	Mac IIsi
>	Mac IIvx
>	possibly others
>What isn't supported, but often asked about:
>	Ethernet cards.  There is a driver that is very close to working
>		for a number of cards.  Contributions are very welcome.
>	68040-based Macs.  Work is in progress on getting a Quadra 700
>		running.  This requires a new scsi driver and a new
>		ethernet driver.

Thanks for your reply.

Doug Lindblad (
Rice University, Houston, TX 77251