Subject: Re: Stupid Question
To: None <macbsd-general@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillham@andrews.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 11/11/1994 11:40:51
> I have not seen such a beast except for the instructions that were left
> out in the 68040 (mainly transcendentals).  That is called the fpsp and
> is being used for the 68040 work.  I have looked and only run into other
> people looking for the FP emulation.  I don't know what MacLinux has up
> their sleeve, but they're claiming to work on machines w/o FPU and with
> all hardware.

Since Linux has it's roots in Minix, and Minix on the Mac runs on top
of MacOS, I'd say that MacLinux must run on MacOS too!  That way they
already have device drivers for any hardware, and the FPU emulation.
You know, just gut most of System 7.5 and replace, but leave the
low-level stuff working... :-)

:-) :-) :-)  (for those who might take me serious)

-Andrew