Subject: Re: Daystar '030/33 doesn't like 1.0
To: None <busy@aloha.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 11/09/1994 20:50:16
> macBSD 1.0 doesn't like my Daystar accelerator. FWIW, I'm using a Mac II,
> with 8mb of RAM, a 12mb swap partition and the rest of the 40mb Quantum
> drive as Root & usr.

It shouldn't mind it if you turn the cache off w/ the control panel.  Is
this incorrect?  Hmmm...  Or maybe it's OK with the 40MHz cards, but
it's not OK with the 50MHz variety.  Wish I had one...  ;-)

> Oh, one other thing- I noticed that the RasterOps 264/SE30 card was
> verboten, and I was using a NuBus 264 card, so I put in my old Toby frame
> buffer instead. Can I use the '264 card, or will it get cranky?

You can try to use it.  I don't know if anyone's tried the NuBUS card.

> and while I'm at it, is there a compiled version of 'dt' somewhere?

If you grab the dt package, it should have a compiled copy along w/ the
source.  You can place it wherever you like.  /usr/local/bin is a good
place...

Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@vt.edu ** MacBSD == NetBSD/Mac **