Subject: Re: NetBSD for 68040
To: Hans-Joerg Elsen <ELSEN@heino.ibh.rwth-aachen.de>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 11/09/1994 10:11:49
> I just read about NetBSD in a german un*x-magazine and I am very
> interested in running the system on my mac (Performa 475). The problem is
> that it does not work on 68040-macs, as I read in the installation notes.
> Does anybody know, if there will be a release for 68040-macs in the
> next time or will it last several months?

I don't know when it will be ready.  I'm attempting to develop it on the
Quadra 700.  The current difficulty is in communicating with the SCSI
bus.  If I can overcome that hurdle, then we should have it working on
the Q700 and similar systems soon after that.  I don't know how
different the Performa 475 is from the Q700.

Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@vt.edu ** MacBSD == NetBSD/Mac **