Subject: Re: se/30
To: None <mlaporte@free.org>
From: Ken Nakata <kxn3796@hertz.njit.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 11/07/1994 09:01:44
   Date: Sun, 6 Nov 1994 21:27:08 -0600
   From: mlaporte@free.org (mike j. laporte)

   I borrowed a se/30 from work and took my newly(finnally?) formatted
   540 drive and hooked it up and it worked fine..(5 megs ram)..booted quick
   and ran dt without a problem.

Just worth my $.02, are you sure that your SCSI bus termination is ok
on the IIci (or else... sorry I don't remember)?  Too many or too few
SCSI bus terminaters actually do harm, especially when there are
SCSI-2 FAST drives connected (the system *may* work with slower SCSI-1
drives).  It sounds like it doesn't work when you have several drives
connected to your SCSI bus, and it works when the 540Meg is the only
device except for the Mac on your SCSI bus (correct me if I'm wrong).

Just in case you don't know how to terminate a SCSI bus properly
(please don't get offended; I just want to save some net bandwidth),
you have to have exactly the two drives at the both ends of the SCSI
chain terminated.  The internal drive should always be and usually is
terminated as it always is at an end of the SCSI chain.

Ken