Subject: Re: New 1.0 Kernel
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul Goyette <goyettep@ccnet.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 11/05/1994 06:00:27
Well, I've loaded up the new (Nov. 3, GENERIC #11) kernel on my Mac IIci
with no troubles (at least, no new troubles!).

Still seem to get random panic: biodone already messages, but I think that
these may be related to SCSI disk I/O retries.  I ran into one somewhere
during the startup sequence, and it seemed to be pretty repeateable, but
when I used the installer's cpin to stick a new rc.local in (with set -x on
to find out where the problemwas coming from) the problem went away!  So,
my naive, uniformed guess is that by creating that new file I managed to
rewrite something on the disk so that it no longer gets an error when
MacBSD tries to read it.

If I ever get far enough to unpack all the sources, I'm gonna take a look
at the SCSI code to see if I can confirm my guess.

| Paul Goyette            | PGP Public key available on request  |
| Paul@pgoyette.ccnet.com | Fingerprint: 9D 3C 90 0E DA 46 10 59 |
| goyettep@ccnet.com      |              15 F2 87 D6 AA BD 90 D5 |