Subject: Re: Question on formatting software.
To: None <macbsd-general@netbsd.org>
From: James Burton <james@qsr.latrobe.edu.au>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 11/05/1994 15:14:19
>Date: Wed, 2 Nov 1994 23:11:20 -0800
>From: Patrick Killourhy <killourh@chaph.usc.edu>
>To: macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG
>Subject: Re: Question on formatting software.
>

>> I dunno; APS 2.7.x/SCSI director pro is nice, but I don't think it's
>> _that_ nice. If I had to pay, I'd prefer to use Silverlining or Hard
>> Disk Toolkit, personally.  (Silverlining's interface was somewhat awful
>> the last time I checked, though. You have to go through all sorts of
>> bizarre and non-intuitive menus...)
>
>I'd have to agree there... my question is, now that we're aware that
>APS is commercial, does anyone know of any freeware/shareware formatting
>software that does A/UX partitions? If not, does someone want to write
>one? (I'm afraid it's beyond my abilities...)

I have something called "Drive7" which does all sorts of setups.
It works very well, and I used it to format a few machines. I have
NO idea where I got it from. Perhaps somebody would care to tell me
that it's freely redistributable, then I'll put it up for FTP :-)

James
>From :
  James Burton
  Qualitative Solutions & Research Pty/Ltd   Email : James@qsr.latrobe.edu.au
  P.O. Box 171 Latrobe University Bundoora   Phone : +613 459 1699
  Victoria 3083, Australia.                  Fax   : +613 479 1441
  (http://www.cs.latrobe.edu.au/~burton/)