Subject: Re: New 1.0 kernel
To: Scott Reynolds <scottr@acs.nmu.edu>
From: Allen 'Time?' Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 11/03/1994 19:12:13
> Sometime between the Oct 20 files and the Nov 1 kernel that I found, the
> video broke.  I have an Apple Hi Res card in my IIcx (8MB RAM/100MB
> Quantum disk) and the 13" Apple display.  The older kernel works, more or
> less, but dt trashes the display (I get 5 columns of little dots at the
> top that look like they are *trying* to be the display).  I'm left

What do you mean, "broke?"  Could you be more specific about what
happens with the new kernel?  From what you say about the older kernel,
it sounds like you're booting with the bit depth set to something other
than "Black & White."  Try using 1-bit mode and see if it works any
better.  Actually, it sounds like you're not in 1-bit mode, but MacBSD
thinks that you are.

Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@vt.edu ** MacBSD == NetBSD/Mac **