Subject: MacBSD on portables?
To: None <MACBSD-GENERAL@NETBSD.ORG>
From: ER&D - Analog Engineer <JENSTING@AppleLink.Apple.COM>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 11/03/1994 10:36:00
Howdy!

I'm wondering how much more work needs to be done to get MacBSD running on a
portable. I'd like to use a 030 based portable with FPU and all that (say, a
170), and I need to run X.

so

    How much more work is needed before I can boot MacBSD reliably?
     (The README file at cray-ymp...vt.edu talks about stopping at single user)

    How much more work before an X driver is available?
        (I kind'a fear it'll have to be written from scratch..)

Answers to these questions would allow me to consider putting some time into
it, but I'm *not* promising anything ;-) ;-)

Any hints etc much appreciated

    Jens
Jens Tingleff      Analog Engineer. Apple Computer ER&D Paris, France
Le Toronto, Parc du Saint Laurent, 54 Route de Sartrouville, F - 78 230 Le Pecq
Phone (+33 1) 34 80 30 40, e-mail jensting@applelink.apple.com
  "I write with a goosefeather dipped in venom"    Waldo Lydecker 'Laura'