Subject: Re: X libs
To: Jeremy Alan Green <jag@tiac.net>
From: Allen 'Time?' Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 10/30/1994 14:21:56
> So, does anyone know if it is possible to compile the X libraries with
> MacBSD?  I want to just be a be able to compile clients on my machine and
> use another machine to run the XServer and connect over slip, or ethernet
> when it is working.  Also, is NetBSD/Mac compatible with NetBSD/Amiga?
> Could I take the binaries and libraries from NetBSD/Amiga and run them on
> the Mac?

Yes, yes, and yes.
Brad (grantham) has run into some problems with getting biodone errors
on occasion when he's linking libX11, I think.  He has compiled a number
of the clients and libraries, though.

As for the NetBSD/Amiga compatibility, everything should work fine as
long as it's not hardware dependent--e.g., all the X clients should
work, the X server should not.

Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@vt.edu ** MacBSD == NetBSD/Mac **