Subject: Re: ADB Driver doesn't work with EMAC Silhouette Track Ball
To: John E. Clark <jclark@synergy.encinitas.ca.us>
From: grantham <grantham@amalthea.tenon.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 10/28/1994 17:59:49
> At  2:17 PM 10/28/94 -0700, monroe@cs.pdx.edu wrote:
> >- One of my ADB devices (an EMAC Silhouette trackball) seems to wedge
> >the boot process consistently at the same point every time.  (In the
> >middle of the configuration message for the 'ite0' mini-console - the
> >first two letters of the device name ('it') get printed, and then it
> >hangs.)  I solved this by using an Apple mouse instead.
>
> I had this problem as well. I chalked it up to some 'identify' sequence
> which the track-ball doesn't respond to as exactly the way the Apple
> mouse does. But given the other problems I've had, a track ball is the
> least.

Does anyone have any more information about the TrackBall behavior?
What devices does it emulate?  For which addresses of a "TALK register
3" command does it answer?

		-Brad
--
Brad Grantham, grantham@tenon.com ++++++++++++++++ http://acm.vt.edu/~grantham/
UNIX is kind of like a car with primer but no paint, foam but no upholstery, a