Subject: A pattern in freezing
To: None <macbsd-general@netbsd.org>
From: Franklin Chen <chen@adi.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 10/27/1994 22:59:41
After a couple of brief sessions on my SE/30, each ending with things freezing
after a shell prompt, I noticed a pattern:  it seems that whenever the prompt
was showing up on the very last line of my 14" monitor, it froze.  I "tested"
this hypothesis by doing "clear" a couple of times to avoid reaching the
bottom line, and it seemed that I got further (I've been trying to last long
enough to boot single-user and build dt to see what the heck it is--I never
tried dt before).  Booting multi-user results in nothing productive because
it turns out that by the time I get to log in and set the terminal type, the
prompt lands on the last line of the screen :-).

Anyone else notice this pattern?
--
Franklin Chen                                              chen@adi.com
Applied Dynamics International