Subject: Got 1.0 working better on my IIci
To: None <macbsd-general@netbsd.org>
From: Chip Burkhead <chip@msen.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 10/27/1994 11:11:57
   Last night was a real good one for me. First of all I was able the
install the tcsh shell and it worked the first time. This was the one
compiled under NetBSD for the Amiga. I will post the site info later when I
can get to where it is written down. If you archie for it you will probably
see it. It is on a site in Germany with a really long name the file is:
tcsh-6.05.tar.gz.

   I also was able to get 1.0 to boot in multiuser mode; however I had to
tell it that I had 4M of RAM to get rid of the errors. I also did a make on
the newest dt source (yes, I found the man pages). Unfortunately, it did
not work properly. I get a core dump in addition to a number of errors. I
will post them after I run it again & write them down. However using clear
has kept me from hanging the system (most of the time). I still have the
one line scroll; but that may be fixed by getting dt working (or by using
^D & ^U in vi). Anyway I thought I would pass along my latest progress in
the hopes that it might help others.
                                                        - Chip -

           |            Email:  Internet - chip@msen.com           |
           |  And I dream of stars, and rockets spitting fire.     |
           |  I dream of fairies, and hobbits in the Shire.        |
           |  And pray for a wind, that blows from rainbow's end.  |
           |  To carry me away, where I won't have to pretend.     |
           |             "Wind From Rainbow's End" - Bill Roper    |