Subject: Re: dt
To: mike j. laporte <mlaporte@free.org>
From: grantham <grantham@amalthea.tenon.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 10/26/1994 11:23:30
> I'm having a problem with dt, it seems that now I cant cmd-o to open
> any new terminals, I get 3 on startup and I can't logout or login
> direct from a terminal either.  I get the not in login shell
> error message.

Check the device numbers and permissions on the /dev/tty{p,q}? files.
Make sure they all have the same permissions and the device numbers
increase properly per device.  If you can't figure it out, send an
"ls -l /dev/tty*" to us.  (Who cares if that will throw in the
serial ports?)

		-Brad
--
Brad Grantham, grantham@tenon.com ++++++++++++++++ http://acm.vt.edu/~grantham/
UNIX is kind of like a car with primer but no paint, foam but no upholstery, a