Subject: Problems with getting vi to work.
To: None <macbsd-general@netbsd.org>
From: None <chip@msen.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 10/25/1994 23:36:24
Hi all,

   I am having a problem getting vi to work the way it should. I can pull
up things to edit; but if I need to look at more than the first screen of
the file then I have a problem. At present, only the last line of the
screen will change when I press the down arrow key and a one line scroll is
not real helpful. Is there an easy way to fix this? I'm using the .9C
kernel with the 1.0 binaries. I'm running on a IIci with 8 megs od RAM and
I'm using the internal video port. In MacBSD I'm using the "mac" terminal
type (I tried vt100 too & it does the same one line scroll).

   Also, can someone tell me how to deal with a Makefile? I've never really
played with Unix before & I have never had to compile something I didn't
write for a class. I thought I knew how it would work; but sadly I was
mistaken. Can someone please give a poor Unix newbie a hint on how to do
this?

                                                             - Chip -

           |            Email:  Internet - chip@msen.com           |
           |  And I dream of stars, and rockets spitting fire.     |
           |  I dream of fairies, and hobbits in the Shire.        |
           |  And pray for a wind, that blows from rainbow's end.  |
           |  To carry me away, where I won't have to pretend.     |
           |             "Wind From Rainbow's End" - Bill Roper    |