Subject: Re: Local bus / lW questions...
To: None <VOGAN@BINAH.CC.BRANDEIS.EDU>
From: David Holcomb <holcomb@cray-ymp.acm.stuorg.vt.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 10/24/1994 22:55:21
> 	I saw some one a couple of days ago post a message saying
> that Ethernet and local talk weren't as yet supported.

You are correct, except that at least one individual *is* working
on ethernet for Asante cards with a common chip set (8390).  I don't
remember, but I believe Jeff Schindall (sp?) and Brad Parker are
both working on it.  Both have reported some success.

> Can't imaging that one of the folks hacking kernels has
> not got a laser writer to work for code dumps, but...

You don't know these guys very well.  I'd wager that some of them
have never printed out their code except when it came time to turn
in an assignment.  And this project is no longer for a grade. ;)

--Dave Holcomb