Subject: Re: Progress using NetBSD/Mac 1.0_BETA
To: Scott Kaplan <sfkaplan@amherst.edu>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@alpha.bostic.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 10/23/1994 23:37:40
> Is there a way, once in BSD, to see how much memory it
> thinks it has?  I can check that and let you know what it's doing...

The kernel _should_ print it out as one of the first things it does
when booting.  (Not that it necessarily does; that's either a pointer
or a bug report...  8-)

If it does print it out, but for some reason you can't see it when
booting, you might try 'dmesg' when in single-user mode.

If it doesn't print it out, you can find out how much memory the
system thinks it has by running 'sysctl hw.physmem'.  (this will, of
course, work if the kernel prints it out, too...  8-)

chris