Subject: my experience with 1.0
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.org>
From: David C. Doherty <doherty@msc.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 10/22/1994 06:51:40
Hi, I'm attempting to use 1.0 on my se/30. Perviously, I had been running
0.9 alpha.  I decdied to install everything over the old stuff,
and the installations of base, netbsd, comp, and etc went without a hitch.
(maybe I shouldn't have installed etc?)
However, when I tried to "build devices," I got:

Mounting partition 'A' as /
model=0100444, inum=12002, fs=/
ialloc: dup alloc

then the installer stops, and a carriage return exits.

Boots into single user ok, but it seems that the file systems
are not mounted read only etc., and I can't fsck, or mount -a.
When I exit single user, it goes off and never makes it to
any login prompts

I can supply more details, but I suspect that this is all due
to not being able to build the devices and fstab.

Any ideas?

thanks.
--

David C. Doherty