Subject: Re: Another Mac IIsi install
To: John Wittkoski <jpw@insoft2.insoft.com>
From: grantham <grantham@amalthea.tenon.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 10/19/1994 09:22:07
> The thing boots, and can even start to come up into multi-user mode, but I'm
> currently having these problems:
> 1. In single or multiuser mode, if I get a shell, it accepts no keyboard
> 	input.

Doesn't anyone ever read the mailing list archives?  We've been over
this again and again; the current kernels do not have keyboard support
for either IIsi or IIvx.

> 2. When booting into multiuser mode, the following command fails:
> 	/sbin/mount -u /dev/sd1a /
>    with an error something like:
> 	/dev/sd1a, / Specified device does not match mounted device.

This is probably because your drive is /dev/sd0a.  I don't know why
the defaults would be set to /dev/sd1a...

		-Brad
--
Brad Grantham, grantham@tenon.com ++++++++++++++++ http://acm.vt.edu/~grantham/
UNIX is kind of like a car with primer but no paint, foam but no upholstery, a