Subject: dialup help needed
To: None <macbsd-general@pain.lcs.mit.edu>
From: mike j. laporte <mlaporte@free.org>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 10/17/1994 00:16:09
sorry if this showed up twice but I goofed on my subject line before:

I'm trying to setup  my modem port as a dialin/out port and am having
some problems with getty.  Which is a "correct" getty to assign to the tport
so it wont go gonzzo on reboots and flood the modem with stuff and eventually
give up.

Also, how does one "reset" the port and getty without rebooting the machine?
This also applys to cu and my slip connections, I cant get cu to actually
hang u
p the line before  it quits, even if I kill the slattach and other processes.

thanks

mike.