Subject: None
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: jeff schindall <jeff@apl.washington.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 09/29/1994 14:44:53
Hi:-

I'm using the netbsd-0.9a kernal on a IIcx, 20mb ram.
I'd like to get my asante ethernet card working, but haven't been able to yet.

During the boot, the following message appears:

 nubus0: s:10 t:4 "MacCon Ethernet, Asante Technologies, Inc." not configured

How do I configure this puppy?  There is no /dev/ae* on my system, or a description in the MAKEDEV or MAKEDEV.local scripts.

Does this kernal support this card?

I'd really like to get the card working.  What do I need to do?

On another note, I tried to boot the other two more recent kernals, with no success--

 netbsd-070894
 netbsd-072194

Both hang after ser0: then ser1: is displayed on the screen.  /etc/netstart should come next, but nothing appears to happen.  I haven't tried single user mode, but I don't expect that it would work either.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

jeff@apl.washington.edu