Subject: Re: Mounting A/UX filesystems (was Re: NetBSD/Mac68k and X11 Windows
To: David Holcomb <holcomb@csugrad.cs.vt.edu>
From: Allen `Tell me three times' Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 09/12/1994 23:10:54
> Oh, if there are no entries in /dev for the partion you want to mount
> (e.g. sd3a doesn't exist), you will have to:
>    cd /dev
>    MAKEDEV /dev/sd3a 4 24
>
> Corrections to the above example are welcome.

	cd /dev
	sh MAKEDEV sd3 sd4 sd5 sd6

or whatever devices you want.  It'll create all the partitions correctly
with the right major/minor numbers and permissions.  "./MAKEDEV" might
work as well as "sh MAKEDEV."

Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@vt.edu ** MacBSD == NetBSD/Mac **
 "We'll call you when you're 6 years old and drag you to the factory to drain
  your brain for 18 years with promise of security, but then you're free
  and 40 years you waste to chase the dollar sign so you may die in Florida"