Subject: Re: NetBSD/Mac68k and X11 Windows
To: Harrison, Kirk <kharrison@dsrnet.com>
From: grantham <grantham@amalthea.tenon.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 09/06/1994 15:49:36
> Hello All,
>
> Is there an X11 Windows distribution available for NetBSD/Mac68k?
> I believe that I have found an X11R5 port to A/UX. How binary compatible
> (if at all) are NetBSD/Mac68k and A/UX?
> If there isn't an existing port of X11 (R4, R5, R6) to NetBSD/Mac68k are there
> any interested developers who would like to be involved in a cooperative
> effort to do so?

I have patches for X11R6 config files and a set of sources for an Xmacbsd
server that supports only one bit mode.  The server *was* running about
three months ago, but Lawrence and I made substantial changes to the
console code, and it hasn't been remade, although I think I've got the
ddx up-to-date.  I've been trying to compile it for a little while,
in the background to my current ADB efforts, but I've encountered
some incompatibilites with twm and yacc and I seem to keep running
out of virtual memory, despite the fact that I have 8M of physical
and 48M of swap.  If you'd like to put in the time to work out some
of the bugs, I'll put up my patches for you.  Do you have about
300M of free space to unpack X and hold the objects?

		-Brad
--
Brad Grantham, grantham@netcom.com >+------+< Happily slaved to NetBSD/Mac68k!
MacBSD : II, IIx, IIcx, IIci, SE/30, IIsi, IIvx -- The list is growing...