Subject: Re: This whole Apple boycott issue
To: None <macbsd-general@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 09/06/1994 01:01:33
Someone on this list told me he thought he wanted to join the LPF, but
would not be permitted to join, because he uses a Macintosh.

I'd like to clear up this misunderstanding.  The LPF urges people to
boycott Apple, but this is not a requirement for being an LPF member.
Some Mac software developers are LPF members.

The LPF encourages everyone not to do things that help Apple, but if
you won't stop that, at least joining the LPF is a step in the right
direction.

If you want more information about the LPF, please send mail to
lpf@uunet.uu.net.