Subject: Re: Merger
To: None <brewer@umd5.umd.edu>
From: Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 09/03/1994 01:53:36
    That is ancient history. Apple has lost most of the critical
    'look and feel' lawsuits to Microsoft.

This news was been widely reported a year or so ago, but it is
inaccurate.  I wish it were true.  But I checked about 2 months ago,
and there was as yet no final decision.  The case was still being
considered by the appeals court.  I believe it still is.

If Apple really does lose, then it would be time to ask them if they
would agree not to sue *anyone else* in the same way.  Probably they
would agree, because they probably won't be concerned about possible
competition from a third company given that they will have competition
from Microsoft.  And then we certainly would end the boycott of Apple.