Subject: Re: Merger
To: Tasuki Hirata <sukes@Glue.umd.edu>
From: Charles Ewen MacMillan <ilixi@Tezcat.Com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 08/30/1994 22:27:30
On Tue, 30 Aug 1994, Tasuki Hirata wrote:

> Date: Tue, 30 Aug 1994 12:42:00 -0400
> From: Tasuki Hirata <sukes@Glue.umd.edu>
> To: macbsd-general@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu
> Subject: Re: Merger
>

> "Chris G. Demetriou" <cgd@alpha.bostic.com> said:
>
> >>Somebody else said:
> >>heh, i don't think any kind of merger would work between stallman and the alice
> >>group as RMS hates macs
>
> > Actually, that's one of the things that i wonder about: what does RMS
> > think of linux being ported to apple hardware.
>
> > After all, we can't even get support into gcc 2.6 for
> > netbsd-m68k-mac68k...  surely he can't be happy about Linux being
> > ported to the Apple boxes.

 I do not see what the big deal is. If someone wishes to port gcc 2.6 to
the Macintosh, all it requires is a compiler that can build gcc, which
there must be already, if there is a UNIX for the Mac already for crying
out loud.

Charles Ewen MacMillan  | Tezcat.COM - Wicker Park
  <ilixi@tezcat.com>    | Offering Internet Access
Modem: 312-850-0112/0117| Via Interactive UNIX to
Voice: 312-850-0181     |    the Chicago Area.
WWW: http://tezcat.com/ | Mail: info@tezcat.com